HURRY! REGISTRATION ENDS Wednesday 5/11!
Fill your heart and your belly! Please join me and Beth Kingston of the Kingston Home for an evening of fun and cookie decorating to raise money for relief efforts in Ukraine!
Thursday, May 12
$90 tax-deductible donation per person paid directly to World Central Kitchen, a 501(c)3 charity
Enjoy learning the art of cookie decorating while raising much-needed funds for the World Central Kitchen, a 501(c)3 charity that is on the ground in Ukraine feeding those in need. In this class, I will teach you how to decorate six (6) blue and yellow Maryland-themed cookies in a friendly and encouraging atmosphere. No prior experience necessary, and all materials will be provided. Light refreshments will be served.
One of the things I love best about cookies is that they let me say things I can't always find the words for, and I hope that's what you will get out of this class. Let's enjoy each other's company, learn something new, and make a difference for those directly affected by the war in Ukraine.
HOW IT WORKS:
1. Register for this class by adding it to your cart and checking out. The listed price is $0 so you can make the donation directly to the 501(c)3 charity. This adds two extra steps to the registration process, but we want you get that tax deduction!
2. After you get your registration email, please make a $90 (or more!) direct donation to World Central Kitchen within 3 days. You can donate on their website at www.wck.org
3. Forward me your donation receipt or take a screen shot/photo of your donation receipt, redact any sensitive financial information, and email it to email@example.com to confirm your spot in class.
4. Donation confirmation must be received within 3 DAYS, or your spot in class will be cancelled. If we have a wait list, any canceled spots will be offered to the next person on the wait list. Beth and I are donating our time and all materials for the class, so this rule is to help cut down on additional administrative work chasing down payments. We hope you understand.
5. Once I receive your donation confirmation, I will send you a confirmation email and details for the class, including the street address and parking information. Donations made prior to your on-line registration will not be accepted.
6. Cancellation policy. I have a flexible cancellation policy in light of the past two years and my mantra of give grace, get grace. If Beth or I are sick the day of the class, the class will be rescheduled for the safety of the students. If you are sick the day of class, please don't come! I will allow you to transfer your ticket and take another future class. Masks are not required, but are always welcome! Please understand that we cannot guarantee a covid-free environmental and you attend at your own risk.
7. ADA information. This class is being held in a private residence that is unfortunately not ADA compliant. There is a hilly driveway and stairs to navigate. Most students will also be sitting at high tables on bar stools, but we will have limited chairs and low tables available. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns about accommodations.
8. Cookies and icing are made in a home kitchen under Maryland cottage food law. Unfortunately, food allergy accommodations cannot be made.
9. Recommended age is 12 and older. Every attendee must have a ticket. We cannot accommodate walk-ins.
Beth and I are so excited to host this event for you! We hope to see you on May 12 for a crabtastic evening of making the world a better place through cookies!